Crispy Cinnamon Apple Chips
These Crispy Cinnamon Apple Chips are sooo easy and sooo yummy! We’ve really been making an effort lately to make better food choices in our house. But let’s face it, we all love snacks. So my mission is to have better, healthier snacks for my family to choose from. Plus, I like to have a good variety and not let things get boring. My son absolutely LOVES apples, but for some reason my daughter is not a fan. I had high hopes for these and thought they looked fun enough that she may actually try them…even though it is still apples.
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, or use any kind of apple you like.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Core each apple and slice thin with a mandolin slicer if you have one. I use my Ninja to slice them or just cut them with a knife.
- In a shallow dish, like a pie plate, mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- Place apple slices in dish and toss to coat with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place slices on metal baking sheet and bake for 2 hours or until edges curl and chips are dry.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool and completely dry before serving.
- Store extras in an airtight container.
One point for mommy! These Crispy Cinnamon Apple Chips were a total hit! This is still the only way I can get her to eat apples, but it’s a victory, and I’ll take it. If you don’t have an apple corer, this Cuisipro Apple Corer is AMAZING and is usually around $10. If you are also looking for a mandolin, check out this Norpro Mandolin Slicer Grater. It comes with 5 different blades and a guard for easy slicing.
Be sure to check out all of our amazing recipes HERE!