DIY Lavender Body Butter
I hope your summer is going well and you are having a blast. I have to say, our summer weekends seem to be even busier than our school year weekends. Luckily, I get to be at home with my kids during the summer and we have lots of time to do fun recipes and crafts. So for today, I wanted to share a quick and easy craft to help you pamper yourself when you do have a few minutes of down time. Check out our DIY Lavender Body Butter! This is a wonderfully scented cream to help sooth your summer skin. We’ve already been to the pool a few times and we live in Texas! So the hot sun is something we just can’t escape. But this body butter replenishes the skin and makes it beautiful. Here’s how to make your own!
- ½ cup of Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp of Shea Butter
- 16 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 6-8 drops of Purple Coloring
- Half Pint Mason Jar or any other container you like
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Scrape down the sides periodically to make sure it is mixed well.
- Then increase the speed and whip for 5 minutes.
- Put your lavender body butter into the jar or container you choose.
- Add a Label to the top and maybe a ribbon to give this as a gift.
Voila! That’s how easy it is to make this DIY Lavender Body Butter! Now the best part is, you can make this any scent you like. This is a relaxing scent to help you unwind after a long day. But you can add any of your favorite scents. If you haven’t dabbled in the essential oil rage yet, start slow and find what you like. There are all kind of small kits you can get to get you started, like this one! This kit has their top 6 oils, which includes lavender! And if you like these, they have 99 to choose from!
We’ll be doing several more crafts to bring your way and you can see them all here!