Easy Crockpot French Toast
This weekend is the first weekend in a long time that we have been home and not had something we had to get up early or run around and get done. Since we are all home and it is so chilly outside, I wanted to go all out (if you can call crockpot cooking, going all out) and make a tasty, warm and filling breakfast for my family this morning. I decided to go with this Easy Crockpot French Toast recipe. This is the first time I have made this, but it was a total success! I usually have my husband be in charge of making French toast, but with this easy recipe, I guess I can take over that duty.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of sugar
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ cup of pecans
- Cut bread into roughly ¾" thick slices.
- Mix together all of the topping ingredients, in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Spray the inside of a 6 qt. crockpot with non-stick spray.
- In another bowl beat together eggs, milk, cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Place a layer of bread into your slow cooker. Then top with a layer of topping. Repeat for remaining layers.
- Pour the egg mixture over the layers of bread and cook for 4 hours on low.
- Serve warm.
I have to get up early every morning to let our puppies out, so I just put this together real quick and then went back to bed. By the time everyone got up and was hungry, breakfast was ready!
You can make this Easy Crockpot French Toast with any size crockpot, it will just depend on how much French toast you want to make. This is the Crockpot that we use, and I can usually fit about 3 pieces of bread per layer. Be sure to check back with us often if you love crockpot cooking, be cause I will be using mine A LOT this winter. Be sure to browse through our growing list of recipes HERE!