Check out our Glazed Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe! I know you would usually have a danish for breakfast, but these are so yummy and delicious, I also listed it as a dessert. One side of my family has a deep rooted Czech background and they make treats like these and MANY more all of the time, FROM SCRATCH! Unfortunately, I didn’t get that high skill level so I have always just figured I would not be able to make things like danishes and kolaches (the real kind, with fruit). With this easy recipe, that takes you step by step, pretty much anyone can pull this off!
- 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet
- 4 tsp Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 4 oz softened Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Water
- ⅛ tsp Vanilla
- Allow the sheet of frozen puff pastry sheet to sit and thaw for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and lay out a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Cream together the sugar, cream cheese, heavy cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Cut the puff pastry into 16 rectangles.
- Score the edges of each rectangle without cutting all the way through.
- Place about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each.
- Top with a little of the strawberry spread and swirl to combine.
- In a small bowl, make an egg wash by mixing the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the edges of each pastry.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Stir together the powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and vanilla.
- If too thick add additional water slowly until you reach desired consistency.
- Transfer the icing to a zippered sandwich bag and clip off the corner to pipe.
- Drizzle over the danishes.
Once this Glazed Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe is all broken down, it doesn’t seem that hard. Don’t you agree? I know I’ve mentioned this before, but whenever I’m baking I love to use these mats! They make everything turn out perfectly! We are adding new recipes every day and you can browse through all of them HERE!