Make At Home Pizza Rolls
I know I’ve been gone for a bit, but we have really been enjoying our summer! We went on a family road trip and as soon as we got home realized, school is just around the corner! I hope you have been enjoying your summer too. Today I want to share an easy lunch or dinner recipe, that you can change up and make any way you like. Check out our Make At Home Pizza Rolls! Whenever we order pizza for dinner, my husband knows we have to also order pizza rolls. I know it’s all pretty much the same thing, but there’s just something about the pizza roll that I love! One day, while staring blankly into the fridge, I noticed I had all the ingredients I needed to attempt to make these myself. And so we did!
We kept our Make at Home Pizza Rolls simple and only used three ingredients. In fact, my daughter doesn’t even like pepperoni, so her pizza rolls only took two ingredients. This is all you will need to get started.
- 1 can of refrigerated pizza dough
- pepperoni slices
- mozzarella cheese
- any other topping you may want to add
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay out a large piece of wax paper on the counter so you can spread the pizza dough out.
- Lay and spread the pizza dough out on the wax paper just like you were going to make a pizza.
- Using a pizza cutter, make one long cut lengthwise in the dough. Then, cut the dough into sections to make individual rolls. If you have a little dough left over, that's okay. You may use it later.
- Start to add your toppings in the middle of each section of dough.
- Gently, bring the sides and the ends of the dough together to form a pocket. Pinch the dough together on the ends to close.
- Lay the prepared pizza rolls onto the greased cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
As you can see, I didn’t spread my dough out very evenly and had some left over in the top corner. That ended up being great, because I needed it later. One thing to also keep in mind is that the more toppings you add, the bigger sections of dough you’ll want to cut. The pizza cutter works great and doesn’t pull the dough at all.
This is what they looked like once we added our toppings. You’ll want to leave room on the edges so you can fold them up and close the ends.
I know they aren’t the prettiest things in the world. But I had a little trouble trying to roll mine up. It took me a few tries to figure out the best way to get these rolled up and all the ends closed. AND….if I had any areas that I didn’t have enough dough, I had my spare piece from when I first cut them. So it all worked out great.
Then we just baked them and enjoyed! These Make at Home Pizza Rolls were DELICIOUS!! You can have marinara sauce or Ranch dressing to dip them in. We all loved them, so this little experiment was a success. Want more homemade pizza ideas? Then check out this cookbook!
We have lots and lots of other amazing recipes you can try! You can browse through all of them HERE!