Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
Well, we took our little break yesterday from the sweets and shared our Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Chips! But we are back today with another really cute and fun recipe for the Easter holiday that is just right around the corner. If you’ve visited with us before then you know how much we love to make cupcakes. AND…..you know we love to decorate and make them extra special. Well, these Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes fall right in line with that! Look at how fluffy and cute they are! Who could resist these??
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- CANDY CLAY:
- 6oz dark chocolate chips or wafers
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 48 candy eyes
- Make the candy clay first, melt the chocolate in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating process until it is melted and smooth.
- Stir in the corn syrup until well mixed. Mixture will be grainy.
- Pour the mixture onto plastic wrap and allow to set for several hours (until firm).
- Break off small pieces of the candy clay mixture and knead to soften.
- Form each into a flattened cube ¾" x ¾" x ¼" tall.
- To each of these we will attach ears at the top and using a toothpick we will carve in the mouth and nostril area.
- Also place the candy eyes and press in place.
- Allow the heads to set for 30 minutes.
- Store the remaining candy clay by sealing in a zippered bag and refrigerating.
- Bake the cupcakes according to the box directions. Then allow to cool.
- Cream the butter and vanilla in a large bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is the right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Ice the cupcakes then decorate the tops with sheep heads and mini marshmallows to represent wool.
I know the prep time for these Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes looks a little scary. BUT…..the candy clay that you use to make the sheep’s head has to set and firm up and that takes a few hours. So that is included in the prep time. Once you make the heads, the rest is pretty simple and moves quickly.
For more creative cupcake ideas, check out this cookbook! It has more than 175 recipes in it!