Make at Home Caprese Garlic Bread
For me, this Make at Home Caprese Garlic Bread could be my whole meal! It would be great for lunch, dinner, an appetizer or party food. It’s a versatile dish so you can have it anytime you please! You may have noticed we have been doing several party food recipes lately. That may have a little to do with summer coming up soon. Summer is like one big party for us! We have SEVERAL birthdays that we celebrate, plus the Fourth of July, a lot of days at the lake and numerous cookouts! So we wanted to go ahead and share these recipes so you will have them when you need them. Some of our other favorites are these Oven Fried Mozzarella Sticks, this Sweet Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Ball that we shared yesterday and this Fresh Watermelon Salsa! You can Pin all of these recipes right from the picture so they are easy to find later!
- 1 loaf Italian Bread
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 12oz fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 medium Tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup Fresh Basil Leaf, chopped
- Add the vinegar to a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until reduced by half.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set a baking sheet to the side.
- Add the minced garlic to the butter and mix well.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half, lengthwise.
- Butter the cut sides with the garlic butter.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet with the cut side up.
- Place the mozzarella cheese slices on top of the bread.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until cheese is melted and edges are starting to brown.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes.
- Top tomatoes with chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Doesn’t this Make at Home Caprese Garlic Bread look soooo yummy? Well, it tastes yummy too and you can make it at home, yourself anytime you want. Want more bite-sized party food ideas? Then check out this adorable cookbook! It has several one-bite ideas that are real crowd pleasers!