Bunny Bread Veggie Tray
I’m pretty sure this Bunny Bread Veggie Tray is the cutest veggie tray I have ever seen. I know some of you are probably thinking….I don’t know if I can pull that off. But don’t worry, you can! This will walk you through the process and when you’re done, guests and Easter party goers will be amazed! I wanted to share this recipe a little bit early so if you wanted to practice it first, you would have time. Using the all ready made bread dough is a real time saver, but if you get real ambitious, you can always make your own.
- 2 (1 lb) loaves of prepared and thawed (if it was frozen) bread dough
- 2 raisins
- 2 sliced almonds
- 1 Egg
- Snack size veggies to serve with your bunny bread
- 1 cup of ranch dressing for dipping
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut off ¾ of the first loaf to make the body. Form into an oval and place about 1½" from the bottom of the baking sheet (to leave room for legs).
- Take remaining ¼ of first loaf and form into an oval for bunny's head and place just above and touching body.
- Cut off ¼ of the second loaf and then split that piece in half. Form each of these pieces into 12" long ropes. Double each over to form the ears. Put in place and tuck loose ends under head on each side.
- Cut about a 1" portion of the end of the remaining loaf and then take ⅕ of that and form a ball for the nose. Split the rest in half and form each into approximately 1" disk for each cheek.
- Put cheeks and nose in place. Add 2 raisins for eyes and 2 almond slices for teeth.
- Take remainder of loaf and cut into 4 rectangles. Put in place for arms and legs just touching body. Cut 2 slits at the end of each to make fingers and toes.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and then brush the entire surface of the bread.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut out a hole in bunny's body to hold dip if desired.
See….this Bunny Bread Veggie Tray isn’t as hard as it looks. I have a flood of different ideas I want to try now. Be sure to look through all of our amazing recipes HERE!
For more Easter time recipes check out THIS COOKBOOK! You can get it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!