Homemade Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Holy sweet tooth satisfaction!! This Homemade Caramel Apple Cheesecake is a slice of goodness from heaven. I know truly homemade recipes can be a bit time consuming, but this is one of those recipes where it is worth every minute! If you like getting your hands dusty with flour and making things from scratch, then check out our Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins, these fun Homemade Soft Pretzels or maybe our Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars! You’re sure to find something you like with all of the recipes we have to choose from. Now let’s get into this one!
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Sticks Butter softened
- 3 - 8oz packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- APPLE MIXTURE:
- 3 Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored and diced into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Quick Oats
- 1 stick Butter Softened
- Caramel Topping (to drizzle)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9X13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Be sure to leave overhang on all four sides.
- Add the flour and brown sugar to a medium sized bowl.
- Cut in the butter with 2 forks or a pastry blender until your mix is crumbly
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time, mixing to combine.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baked crust.
- Add the apples, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon to a medium sized bowl.
- Mix together until apples are coated well. Then sprinkle the apple pieces evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- To make the topping, add the brown sugar, flour, quick oats and softened butter to a medium sized bowl and combine well.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the layer of apples.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Watch for filling to set (I do this by slightly jiggling the pan).
- Allow to cool and then place in the refrigerator. I let mine set overnight.
- Remove from pan and cut into 16 even sized bars.
- Drizzle with caramel topping and serve.
Just looking at the picture of this Homemade Caramel Apple Cheesecake is making my mouth water! I can’t make this too often because I have to make myself walk away from it. It is that good! Just to be clear, I did not add in the time that this sits in the fridge to the prep time because that can vary to your preference. I left it in there overnight because it was late in the day and I didn’t want to stay up to wait on it.
One thing that makes this recipe much easier is using a pastry/ dough cutter. I just added one of these to my kitchen supplies a few months ago and I love it. You can see the one I have HERE!