Easy Crock Pot Bean Soup
I don’t know about you, but when we have these gloomy, rainy days I like to just get the crock pot going and let the cooking do itself! Since today was one of those days, we are having this Easy Crock Pot Bean Soup for dinner tonight! The main thing that I love about cooking in the crock pot, is that we still get a hearty, flavorful meal, but I’m not in the kitchen all day long. I have two small kids….and don’t have time for that! I can put this together pretty quickly in the morning, and go on about my day. Then, voila, dinner is done right on time!
- 32 oz of dried northern beans
- 1 lb of bacon
- 2 onions, diced
- ½ lb of carrots, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Sort beans and remove any debris or rocks. Then put beans in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy, let drain on a paper towel and then chop or crumble into smaller pieces.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. Then turn heat to low and continue to cook for about 6 hours (until beans are tender)
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
This Easy Crock Pot Bean Soup was the perfect meal to end our day! The whole family enjoyed it and I got to spend my day getting other things done. If you’re looking for some healthy crock pot options, check out the Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook! It’s got 200 recipes and the Kindle version is only $9.78!
Be sure to check out our growing list of amazing recipes HERE!