Best Coconut Pecan Cookies
I feel like I should start by admitting that I am completely addicted to coconut! I absolutely LOVE it! It makes a recipe taste so yummy and I can’t seem to get enough of it. I had a bag of chopped pecans that I have been wanting to use in something so we decided to make these Best Coconut Pecan Cookies! For me (and my addiction), this is a perfect recipe. Between the pecans and coconut and sweet goodness…..I’m in heaven!
- 2½ cups of sugar
- ½ cup of evaporated milk
- ½ cup of corn syrup
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2½ cups of chopped pecans
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- In a saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, corn syrup, sugar and butter. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Cook mixture to soft ball stage (about 240 degrees). I use a candy thermometer to make sure I'm in range. But you can also take a spoon and drop a small amount of the mixture into chilled water. It should form a soft, flexible ball.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans. Continue to stir for about 5 minutes until mixture starts to cool and thicken.
- Transfer about 1 tablespoon size drops of mixture onto wax or parchment paper and allow to cool.
Okay, I know these Best Coconut Pecan Cookies are not helping my diet at all. But honestly…I couldn’t resist! Cooking a candy to the soft ball stage can be a little scary, so using a thermometer is really helpful. If you don’t have a candy thermometer, try THIS ONE. It is a great little gadget to have in the kitchen and you can get it now for just $9.99.
You can see all of our amazing recipes HERE!