Holiday Spritz Butter Cookies
Happy day after Christmas! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are enjoying the break! I wanted to continue on with some holiday recipes because if you are like my family, you may have several celebrations to attend and they go on for a few days. We have a huge family so we’ll celebrate Christmas through the weekend. Everyone usually brings something and these Holiday Spritz Butter Cookies are always a hit! We decorated ours for Christmas, but they can be decorated for any holiday or left plain for any time of the year.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- ¼ tsp of salt
- candied cherries, nuts, colored sprinkles or colored sugars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter 2 cookie sheets and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla until incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour and salt and beat until well mixed.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag with a star tip attached.
- Pipe onto sheet while nearly touching tip to pan (the batter will spread out on it own by doing this). Leave at least 1" between cookies.
- Decorate with sprinkles, other decorations or chopped nuts.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until the edges are barely brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
These Holiday Spritz Butter Cookies are easy, don’t you think? You can also run some candy canes through the food processor and sprinkle the cookies with that. If you’re doing a cookie exchange or need a quick gift for someone, this recipe will do the trick. You could also try our Homemade Eggnog Cookies…they are one of my favorites!
For more sweet holiday treats check out this cookbook! There are over 400 recipes in there!