Homemade Eggnog Cookies
I’m back….with another delicious eggnog recipe! I love this stuff, and love that I can use it to make other things than just a drink! These are our Homemade Eggnog Cookies and they have eggnog flavored icing! I love these cookies and could probably eat them all by myself. But this year I think I will take them to our family Christmas gathering so that I can share them. You could also put them in some cute packaging and give them as a gift. We always take desserts up to the school for the teachers and this may be my go to cookie for this year!
- 2¼ cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1¼ cups of sugar
- ¾ cup of butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ½ cup of eggnog
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup of eggnog
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- nutmeg - to sprinkle on top
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and eggnog and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place teaspoon sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, mix the powdered sugar, butter and eggnog until blended.
- Spread icing onto the cooled cookies and sprinkle with nutmeg.
The prep time for these Homemade Eggnog Cookies also includes the time the dough is in the refrigerator chilling. We have several other yummy cookie recipes like our Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies and our Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies in a Jar!
In case you need to update some of your baking supplies, this set is a great one. It gives you the basics for all of your baking needs!