Rice Krispie Turkey Treats
Don’t you just LOVE rice krispie treats?? I sure do! They take me back to when I was younger. They are delicious just plain, or you can really decorate them and get creative like these Rice Krispie Turkey Treats! Cute, huh? These are so easy to put together, and the kids will love helping you make them. I hope you still have some candy corn laying around because they are perfect to make the feathers with.
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 10.5 oz of marshmallows
- 9 Reese's Miniatures
- 9 Orange Reese's Pieces
- 18 candy eyes
- 45 pieces of candy corn
- ¼ cup of red candy melting chips
- Line a deeper (1") baking sheet with parchment paper and place the Reese's Miniatures in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add the cereal and mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit about 3 minutes.
- Butter your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Focus on getting the 1" depth and only fill as much the sheet as you can while keeping the thickness. We only used about half of our pan.
- Allow to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Using a 2" round cookie cutter, biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut out circles.
- Place the red candy melting chips in the corner of a zippered sandwich bag and microwave for 45 seconds. Gently massage the candy to insure that it is smooth and completely melted. If not, heat another 15 seconds.
- Clip the very tip of the corner of the bag to allow you to pipe onto the candy.
- Using melted candy as glue, attach Reese's Miniature to the bottom half of the circle.
- Use the melted candy as glue, and attach 5 candy corns around upper half of Reese's Miniature to be the tail feathers.
- Using melted candy as glue, attach Reese's Piece to the bottom half of Reese's Miniature on its edge as a beak. Then, attach the eyes above the beak.
- Pipe on a waddle down the bottom of miniature below beak.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set up.
The prep time for these Rice Krispie Turkey Treats is really the time you are decorating and then letting it sit and set up. Don’t worry, we didn’t let the rest of our rice krispies go to waste! It was our little treat while we made these. Our list of amazing recipes is growing every day! Be sure to check them out HERE!
Looking for more fun holiday treats? Check out this cookbook!