Easy Patriotic Cake In A Jar Recipe
Well…..tropical storm Bill has officially reached Texas. It is a rainy, gloomy day here today so we are going to stay inside and watch a movie. In fact, I had to wait for the power to come back on before I could even share this recipe with you. So I’m hoping it stays on long enough for me and the kids to get through our movie. Since it is so yucky outside, I wanted to share a happy and fun recipe today. The fourth of July is just right around the corner. And this Easy Patriotic Cake in a Jar recipe is perfect to celebrate with. You may have noticed that I love to put things into mason jars. I always have them around and with this recipe, I can make them and easily take them with me when I need to.
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 3 Egg Whites
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Red and Blue Food Coloring
- ¼ cup White Melting Chocolate
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the cake box and spray two 9x13 pans with cooking spray.
- Make the batter according to the box directions.
- Divide the batter in half and add red food coloring to one of the halves.
- Mix the batter with the food coloring until you get the desired color.
- Pour the divided batter into separate baking pans and bake each for 15 minutes.
- Allow both to cool.
- Cut 12 circles from each color cake using a 2"-2¼" cutter (or wash an empty tomato paste can).
- Place alternating red and white cake circles in jar until 4 slices are in place.
- To make the icing, cream the butter in a medium bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is the right consistency.
- Add several drops of blue food color and whip a few more minutes to get an even color.
- Transfer the frosting to the corner of a zippered bag and clip a small piece off the corner to pipe.
- Frost cakes.
- Melt white chocolate by heating in microwave and stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate out onto a sheet of wax paper as evenly as you can and allow to set until nearly solid.
- Cut stars out with a small star cookie cutter and place on top of frosting.
I think this Easy Patriotic Cake in a Jar recipe turned out beautiful! You can also decorate the tops of the cakes with sprinkles if you don’t want to make the stars. Or, you may be able to find pre-made stars too. If you want to put these in Mason jars too, get ones like these. Be sure to use the wide mouth jars so it is easy to get the cake in and out of the jar. Also, be sure to check out our Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwich Cake! It’s amazing!