Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Swanson but all the love expressed in this article is 100% my own!
Chicken Potato Casserole with Bacon Bits
One of my favorite things to do in the cold winter months is to come up with amazing comfort food with fresh ingredients. We love scalloped potatoes or even Au Gratin Potatoes but I wanted a full meal. You know, something hearty. The hardest part about making scalloped potatoes is the homemade cream sauce. I just found a way to use the new Swanson Cream Starter in my casserole! No guessing and it comes out perfect! Perfect every time! I will never ever use a boxed Scallop Potato or Au Gratin mix ever again. This recipe has turned into a family favorite.
Tip: We used the thick cut bacon. We heated three strips in the microwave for about 3 minutes to get it nice and crispy.
There’s absolutely no reason to add milk or other seasonings to thick recipe because the Swanson Starter Traditional makes the perfect cream sauce blend!
- 2 Chicken breasts fully cooked and diced
- 4 - 5 medium potatoes (any kind) peeled and sliced
- 3 thick strips of bacon
- 1 pkg Swanson Cream Starter Traditional
- 2 cups cheese (I used Colby blend)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ medium onion diced (I used a yellow onion)
- ¼ cup green onion topping
- Slice and dice all the ingredients first
- Spray the casserole dish with non stick cooking spray
- Place a layer of potatoes at the bottom of a casserole dish
- Add a layer of chicken
- Sprinkle a light layer of onion
- Pour a ⅓ of the Swanson Traditional Starter as another layer
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese
- Repeat this process three times
- Bake on 350 degrees until the potatoes are nice and soft. (This may take longer than 60 minutes depending on your oven)
Here are a few process photos to show you exactly how to make this absolutely delicious recipe. I can’t wait to create more unique creations with the Swanson Starter Traditional and the Swanson Starter Traditional Low Fat version too.
Tell me, what creations would you use Swanson Starter Traditional for? I would love to hear what you can come up with!
Feel free to Pin It on Pinterest with the photo below: