DIY Milano Reindeer Treats
Seriously…how cute are these DIY Milano Reindeer Treats?? What is it about candy eyes or googly eyes that make things so dang adorable? If you love Milano cookies as much as we do, then you’re going to love this easy little treat. You may have noticed that I really like to decorate dessert for the holidays. You can see some other examples of this with our Santa Krispie Bars or our Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting! Both of those recipes are so delicious and fairly easy to make!! Follow the recipe below for easy step-by-step instructions on how to make your own DIY Milano Reindeer Treats!
- 15 Milano Cookies
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate melting chips
- 15 Red Candy Decorations (Red Hots) - I prefer the cinnamon taste, but you could also use red M&Ms
- 30 Candy Eyes
- Place chocolate melting chips in the corner of a zippered sandwich bag and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Knead the candy to make sure it is melted (if not, then heat for 15 more seconds).
- Cut a tiny piece off of the corner of the bad to pipe.
- Use chocolate as "glue" to affix the eyes and red nose to each cookie.
- Using the melted chocolate, pipe antlers above the eyes on each cookie.
- Allow to set before serving.
For these DIY Milano Reindeer Treats I like to get the Candy Cane cookies. If you can’t find them, then the regular ones will work just fine. Now be prepared….because these will probably disappear pretty quickly. They are so good and so cute…..and very hard to resist! Want more fun recipes like this one? Try this cookbook! It has recipes for all of the holidays so you will be covered all year long!