Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
Do you still have your crockpot out and ready to go like I do?? This Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup is one of our favorite things to make during this time of year. We tend to cut down on our soups and crockpot cooking during the summer, but for fall and winter it seems to go non-stop! You may have noticed that I love almost any recipe that is super easy to put together. And this is one of those recipes! I can throw it together and walk away and forget about it. When the time is up, I come back to a completed meal.
- 1 (2lb) chuck roast, cut into small pieces
- 12 oz of frozen soup vegetables
- 12 oz of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of barley
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of tomato juice
- 4 cups of beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- You can brown the beef before adding it to the crock pot, but this is optional. I like to get a slight sear on mine before adding it in, but that is just my preference.
- Add all of the ingredients (except salt and pepper) to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
I told you this Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup was easy! I like to run my onion through a food processor so that it really cooks down. Serve this with some fresh bread or crackers and you’ll be good to go. Love cooking in your crockpot? Check out our Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings or maybe our Easy Crockpot French Toast!
If you are in the market for a new crockpot, this is one that we LOVE! I like that the handle can be locked down, and it easily travels with you!