Chocolate Pretzel Turkeys
Happy Monday everyone! I’m happy to say that we made it through my daughter’s birthday party this past weekend and had a BLAST! The party was in the middle of the afternoon so we didn’t serve a meal, but we had a table full of delicious snacks and everyone had a great time. One of the snacks we made was chocolate dipped pretzel rods. I LOVE making these. It’s sweet and salty at the same time and you can decorate them to go with pretty much any holiday or special event. With Thanksgiving just right around the corner, I wanted to share these Chocolate Pretzel Turkeys! You’re never too old to enjoy these and the pretzel gives it the perfect amount of saltiness to offset all the sweet.
- 12 pretzel rods
- 12 Grasshopper Cookies (or other chocolate covered cookies)
- 24 candy eyes
- 84 candy corns
- 12 orange Reese's Pieces
- ½ cup of chocolate melting chips or bark
- ⅛ cup of red candy melting chips
- Lay cookies out on wax paper leaving room for pretzel rods to lay on top of each cookie without touching each other.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a tall glass or cup by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip a pretzel rod ⅔ way down in the melted chocolate and roll to coat completely. Shake off excess.
- Lay the pretzel rod on the cookie, with the top of the pretzel being in the center of the cookie.
- Using a spoon drizzle a little chocolate around the top of the cookie to glue candy corn in place.
- Place candy corn in fan shape on cookie around pretzel rod.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.
- Using a spoon place a little melted chocolate to "glue" in place eyes and Reese's Piece on end for beak. (you will probably have to re-heat the chocolate at this point)
- Place red candy chips in the corner of a zippered sandwich bag and microwave for 45 seconds. Knead to make sure it is smooth and melted.
- Clip a small corner of the bag and pipe a waddle under the beak of each turkey.
- Immediately place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.
So cute, right?? These Chocolate Pretzel Turkeys will be a hit at any gathering. The holidays are just around the corner and we’ll keep the great ideas coming. Be sure to check out all of our yummy recipes HERE!
Want more fun treat ideas? Check out this cookbook! The Kindle version is only $2.99!