Homemade S’mores Donuts
Homemade S’mores Donuts
I’m not sure if these Homemade S’mores Donuts are a breakfast recipe or a dessert recipe. What I am sure about is that they are delicious! We love to make s’mores. The only thing I don’t love is having to get a fire going, stand out in the cold while dodging the smoke and then keeping the dogs away from our tray of chocolate and graham crackers while we cook them. Needless to say, we have found other, easier ways to make s’mores in the house without all the trouble! This is one of those versions!
Homemade S'mores Donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows - or marshmallow pieces
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry just until incorporated.
- Use a funnel to transfer batter into the donut pan until about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until springy and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 10 minutes
- Cut each mini marshmallow in quarters with scissors
- Warm the marshmallow creme in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Frost each donut with creme.
- Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers then top with mini marshmallow pieces and gently press.
- Toast under the broiler or with a torch until browned. This happens fast and you can toast it as much or as little as you like.
- Place chocolate chips in the corner of a zippered sandwich bag.
- Microwave for 45 seconds then knead. If not completely melted, microwave another 15 seconds and knead.
- Clip the very tip or corner and pipe across top of donuts.
These Homemade S’mores Donuts were new for us and we loved every bite! Once they cool a bit, they’re not as messy either. Well, they shouldn’t be….but my daughter can make air messy! Be sure to look through all of our yummy recipes HERE! We are adding something new every day so be sure to visit us often!
If you don’t have a donut pan, try this one! This is the one I have and it makes 6 at a time!