Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
What is your weather like where you live? In Texas, we are having a few days of much needed rain. And it is finally cooling off here too. These two things don’t happen very often in Texas, but a cold and rainy day just screams for me to get the crockpot out. If you’re having colder or even rainy weather where you are, then you’ll definitely want to try this warm and yummy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings! It is DELISH…..and will cook by itself with the amazing little gadget we all know and love!
- 2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 6 oz of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of poultry seasoning
- 1 (16oz) can of refrigerated biscuit dough
- Place all ingredients, except biscuit dough, in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker, shred and then return to cooker. They will be very hot so you may want to let them cool for a few minutes.
- Roll dough for each biscuit to about ¼" thick and then cut into strips. Drop the strips of dough into the cooker and cook on high for another hour.
- Turn slow cooker off or on warm if you need it to stay heated for a while.
This Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings is amazing and so easy to make! This makes a lot so if you have leftovers, just store them in an airtight container and enjoy it for the next few days. Be sure to check out all of our yummy recipes HERE!
For for delicious crockpot recipes, check out this cookbook!