Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake
I have to tell you….this is probably one of my favorite new desserts that we have tried! This Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake is made up of several of my favorite things all wrapped up into one. I think I have said before that pumpkin pie is one of my son’s favorite things during the Fall, so he was super excited to try this. It’s a cake version of pumpkin pie, which we had never even heard of before. But every bite is delicious, and I had to make sure he only got one piece for dessert!
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 15 oz of pumpkin puree
- 12 oz of evaporated milk
- 2 boxes of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 12 oz of whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake in 13x9 pan according to box directions. Then allow to cool.
- Poke large holes throughout the cake.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, 1 and ½ boxes of vanilla pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice.
- Beat until well blended.
- Pour mixture over the cake making sure to get it into all of the holes. Use a spatula to spread the mixture out evenly.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ½ box of pudding and whipped topping and mix well.
- Spoon topping over the cake and spread out evenly.
- Dust with a little pumpkin spice.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
An hour of the prep time on this Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake is the time it is chilling in the fridge after you have made it. So don’t worry, you won’t be slaving away in the kitchen that whole time. This recipe will give you that classic taste of a pumpkin pie, but taken to a whole new level. If you really have a craving for the actual pie, try our Homemade Pumpkin Pie recipe!
Want more Fall baking ideas? Try THIS COOKBOOK! It’s filled with 200 oven treats plus over 120 kitchen tips and how-tos.