Honey and Cinnamon Frosted Banana Cupcakes
As I was washing the dishes from breakfast this morning, I noticed something. A handful of over ripe bananas in our fruit basket AGAIN!! I am constantly facing this problem and I hate it! Before, we have made banana but bread or even cut them up and froze the pieces to use for smoothies. But today we wanted to try something new. Luckily I came across this Honey and Cinnamon Frosted Banana Cupcakes! It turned out great and saved me again from throwing out food!
- 1½ cups of flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups of mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Frosting
- 1¼ cup of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place liners in a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Add the butter, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into liners in muffin tin (they will be filled almost to the top) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, butter, honey and ground cinnamon until smooth. I would stir with a spoon first and then use an electric mixer to get the right consistency.
- Once cupcakes are done, cool completely and spread or pipe frosting on top.
When you make the frosting for this Honey and Cinnamon Frosted Banana Cupcakes, I HIGHLY recommend mixing the ingredients with a spoon before the electric mixer. Or….add the powdered sugar last and add it in small batches. Let’s just say we were covered in powdered sugar by trying to do it all at one time. Lesson learned 🙂 Other than our cloud of sugar, these turned out really good. I was able to save the over-ripe bananas and we got a sweet treat out of it too!
Be sure to check out all of our amazing recipes HERE!
You may want to also check out this 101 Bananas Cookbook! It’s just $4.05 for the spiral bound edition!