Fresh Lettuce Wrap Tacos
Spring has sprung and we are embracing every day of it. Do you plant a garden in the Spring? Have you already got your hands dirty, and started to see the fruits of your labor? Well, our garden is just starting to come up and we are all very excited about it. One new thing that we planted this year (in addition to our usual items) is romaine lettuce. Romaine is my favorite type of lettuce. I like to make nice green salads, use it as a garnish and to make these Fresh Lettuce Wrap Tacos! I can’t wait to be able to pull up our first batch, fresh from the garden. If you don’t have a green thumb, it’s not a problem at all. Romaine is always available at your local grocery store.
- Romaine Hearts
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- ⅓ cup Water
- 8oz Shredded Cheese
- 1 diced Tomato
- additional Taco Toppings
- Taco Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅛ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Brown Sugar
- Brown the meat and drain any excess grease.
- Add the water and taco seasoning (either recipe above or ready-made) and heat on medium until liquid reduces, stirring occasionally.
- Separate and wash the romaine leaves, trimming any excessive stalks on the end.
- Place about ¼ cup of taco meat on each leaf.
- Top with cheese and tomatoes. Add any additional toppings you desire and serve immediately.
Just looking at these Fresh Lettuce Wrap Tacos is making me hungry! I want to make these for dinner tonight! We are adding new recipes every day so be sure to come back and visit us often. You can browse through all of our yummy recipes HERE! Looking for some budget friendly meal ideas? Then check out this cookbook! It has over 100 ideas that won’t break the bank!