Homemade Coconut Cream Eggs
I’m a little sad to say this Homemade Coconut Cream Eggs recipe is the last real Easterish (I just made that word up) recipe I have to share with you. I’ve already shared several and I hope you found one or two to try out. Some of my favorites are the Easy Pretzel Chicks and the Peeps Bunny Cupcakes! Now don’t you worry, I still have a lot of yummy, fun and easy recipes up my sleeve to share with you all during Spring and Summer! Recipes to keep you cool, easy recipes in the crock pot and some divine desserts! Now, let’s get to these Homemade Coconut Cream Eggs! They are easier than you may think!
- 8oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp of butter, softened
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp of shortening
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until it is blended.
- Slowly, incorporate the powdered sugar and coconut.
- Refrigerate mixture for 1 hour or until easy to mold with hands.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with wax or parchment paper.
- Dust your hands with powdered sugar and mold the mixture into egg shapes.
- Place eggs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until eggs are firm.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip the eggs into the chocolate mixture, insuring that they are completely coated. Then place eggs back onto the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
The prep time for these Homemade Coconut Cream Eggs would normally scare me away from this recipe. BUT…..three hours of that time is when the eggs are in the refrigerator or the freezer setting up! So don’t let the time be a factor for you to try these out.
If you bake and cook a lot like we do then having a great set of pans is a must. If you’ve been looking for some new ones, then check out this set! It’s a six piece set and has pretty much every size and shape you need for any recipe.