Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Swanson, but all the love I have for them is 100% my own.
Hearty Cajun Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
It’s getting close to that time to start thinking about our favorite holiday recipes. The Swanson brand is always a part of my holiday cooking adventures. I am in love with the new broth infused flavors. It takes the guess work out of the seasonings you need for a special dish which can sometimes be the hardest part.
Our family loves mashed potatoes and stuffing with our Turkey or Ham over Thanksgiving. Actually, we eat stuffing more that just the holidays. Our stuffing is never boring either! We love to make a hearty stuffing that is loaded with meat to make it a full meal on occasion too. Our favorite is to add sausage and chicken. There are so many different flavors of sausage. You could make this meal different just by adding different types of sausages and different types of Swanson’s broth infused seasonings too.
Today we made a Hearty Cajun Cornbread Stuffing recipe that my family adores. Anytime I start cooking or baking in the kitchen, one of my kids always jumps in to help out. They love to cook and bake almost as much as I do! I love that I get to share my love for cooking and baking with them. Quality family time doing things together is something I truly cherish. I started them in the kitchen young. I just know this is what started their love for cooking and creating exciting meals with me. I am blessed.
Here’s what you need for our Hearty Cajun Cornbread Stuffing recipe:
- 1 bag of cornbread stuffing (non seasoned is perfect)
- 1 32 oz box of Swanson Louisiana Cajun Flavor Infused Broth
- 1 large sausage link of your choice
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Optional: 1 handful of diced green onion to use as a topping
- Note: no seasonings are needed because they are all loaded into the Swanson broth already
- Dice the red pepper, yellow onion and celery.
- Heat a deep dish frying pan with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Cook the diced veggies until they become cooked but still a little crisp.
- While those are cooking, start to cut up your sausage. Add it to the frying pan that is filled with the veggies.
- Optional: We added a large left over chicken breast from the night before.
- Once the veggies and meat are fully cooked, add the Swanson Louisiana Cajun Flavor Infused Broth to the mix.
- After it has been fully heated add the bag of cornbread stuffing.
- Stir and fluff with a fork to ensure all the stuffing cubes soak up the broth. Serve immediately.
This recipe is packed with flavor and you can enjoy it all year long. This is the same Hearty Cajun cornbread stuffing recipe around the holidays too. Everyone loves it. I highly suggest you give it a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Oh, and one last thing. I absolutely love the new easy to open spout on the Swanson broth containers. Basically you peel the tin foil opening and punch the plastic tab down to open the box. You can’t get any easier than that.