Mini Donut Snowman Treats
Okay…I know Christmas has already gone by, but I really think these Mini Donut Snowman Treats are something you could make all through the fall and winter. And since the kids are still on break, I thought this would give you a fun breakfast or snack idea. My kids like these little mini donuts for breakfast, but I don’t buy them very often. The only reason is because they will eat the entire bag in one day, and if my husband sees them….it’s over with! So instead of just putting some mini donuts on a plate, we decided to go all out and decorate them!
- 18 mini powdered sugar donuts
- 2 Fruit By the Foot
- ¼ cup of white melting chips
- 12 Skittles
- 2 Orange Starburst
- 6 lollipop sticks
- black gel icing
- Lay out some parchment paper or line a baking sheet.
- Heat the white candy chips in a large bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted.
- Dip a lollipop stick in the white chocolate. You only need to dip the part of the stick that the donuts will be on. It will help to act as glue to keep the donuts from slipping.
- Push 3 donuts onto the stick to form the head and body.
- Place a small glob of white chocolate below the bottom donut to keep it from sliding.
- Lay donuts flat on the parchment paper to set.
- Cut Starbursts in half, and then cut each half on the diagonal and mold to form a carrot shape.
- Cut the Fruit by the Foot in about 6" lengths and wrap around the snowman to make a scarf.
- Using gel icing, pipe black dots to make "coal" eyes and mouth.
- Use white chocolate to set Skittles as buttons in 2 body donuts.
- Use white chocolate to set Starburst "carrot nose in the donut head.
- Allow to set and serve.
I don’t always use the Skittles on my Mini Donut Snowman Treats, especially if I am giving these to my kids at breakfast. These are a special treat, but I still try to cut some of the sugar out if I can. Plus they still look great even without the “buttons”. If you think these are cute, check out our DIY Nutter Butter Snowman! They look a lot alike, but are totally different snacks. Want more fun snack ideas like this one? Check out this silly snacks cookbook!