Homemade Chili Recipe
I absolutely love a good homemade chili recipe and I have just that to share with you. The weather outside is not getting any warmer and I am tired of being cold so we whipped up a batch of warm, hearty goodness to warm our bones!
This recipe has the perfect combination of spices and it tastes almost like Wendy’s chili but way better! The trick to this recipe is to slow cook it for about 3 hours. This will let the spices seep in and marinate a bit. I definitely don’t count this as a super fast recipe like out Easy Pull Apart Pizza Bread or our easy Ham and Cheese Pinwheels but it’s definitely worth making!
You can serve this chili with Fritos chips, shredded cheese, sour cream and green onions too. We always make a batch of sweet cornbread to go with it. Oh, and did you know that Fritos started making low sodium corn chips?!! And they actually taste good too! I found them at my local Walmart.
PRO TIP: Oh and one other tip, be sure to use a sauce pan big enough to hold all the ingredients. Just like this one seen here. There’s nothing worse than have chili spill over making a big mess on the stove top.
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 2 28 oz Diced Tomatoes in Juice
- 1 16 oz Kidney Beans drained
- 1 15 oz Pinto Beans drained
- 2 small Onion diced
- ¼ cup Celery diced (2-3 stalks)
- ¼ cup Bell Pepper diced
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cup Water
- Brown Ground Beef and drain.
- Add water, boil and drain to eliminate more fat.
- Place in large pot and add all ingredients,
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2-3 hours stirring every 15 minutes.