Homemade Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets
If you love those little bites from heaven at Chick Fil A (they call them nuggets), then you’re going to LOVE this recipe! Say hello to our Homemade Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets recipe! AND…as a bonus we’ll even tell you how to make the sauce! I like to eat the nuggets plain, but my sister would bathe in the sauce if she could! What I really love about this recipe is that it uses regular ingredients that I almost always have anyway. Plus, we live a little way from the nearest Chick Fil A, so now we can enjoy these anytime we want without having to run into town.
- ½ cup Ken's Steakhouse Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 tsp Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- ½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- peanut oil
- Combine the honey mustard and BBQ sauce and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into roughly 1" pieces and place in a zippered bag with pickle juice to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Mix together the milk and egg in a large bowl.
- Drain pickle juice from chicken and add to the egg mixture.
- Toss to ensure all pieces are coated. Drain excess egg mixture.
- Heat oil on medium high to about 375 degrees.
- In a zippered bag, add flour, powdered sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Shake well to mix.
- Add chicken pieces to the zippered bag and shake to coat.
- Cook chicken pieces in oil until crispy and browned (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
Now, don’t freak out about the prep time on these Homemade Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets! Four hours of that time is when the chicken is just sitting in the fridge marinating. I like to do this after lunch so that when I’m ready to cook dinner, my chicken is ready to go! The chicken only needs to cook for about 4 minutes or so, but I do mine in a couple of batches. Want to get more great copycat recipes from your favorite restaurants? Check out this cookbook! It has over 300 of the best recipes that you can make yourself!
We are adding new recipes every day so be sure to visit us often. You can always browse through our growing list HERE!