Crockpot Garlic Bread Quiche Recipe
I just love easy recipes that you can quickly whip up with very little effort or prep work. This Crockpot Garlic Bread Quiche recipe can feed a big family of 6 too. I love how versatile it is too. You can change this recipe with many different ingredient options depending on your tastes too. For example, I use this recipe when I want to make something out of our leftover meats. Especially when there’s not enough meat to make a full meal out of. You can even make it a vegetarian dish too. For this example you can substitute the meat part and add fresh raw spinach for that vegetarian recipe. It’s really tasty. I swear, I think this recipe will rank up there with our popular Easy Pull Apart Pizza Bread recipe! We all give it two thumbs up.
Here’s a printable version of this recipe. I need to give you a few tips first though.
Be sure to line your crockpot with non stick parchment paper just like this one seen on Amazon. Make sure to cut your veggies small because it helps them fully cook. Feel free to mix up the seasonings a bit too. Add your favorite spices.
Cook this recipe on low for about 4 to 5 hours. Don’t rush it. If you put it on high, it may burn the bread and not cook the center.
Finally, when you start to cook it in the crockpot you will want to make sure you add a dish towel to the top of the lid. This will capture the moisture. You don’t want soggy bread. I love my crockpot because it has a clasp at the front to lock it tight. It also has handles so you can take it on the go. These two features are perfect for taking meals on the road. They won’t spill! It’s the Hamilton Beach 7 Quart Stay or Go Slow Cooker. If you are investing in a slow cooker I highly suggest the 7 quart size. You may find, more times than not, that you need a big slow cooker when making meals. It’s very reasonable too. Worth every penny in my opinion.
Crockpot Garlic Bread Quiche Recipe
- 1 loaf french garlic bread found in the bakery section of your grocery store
- 1 cup orange bell pepper - diced small
- 1/2 cup green onion - diced small
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 cup chicken or turkey diced and precooked
- 18 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes diced in half
- Dice all of your veggies and meat. Feel free to use leftover meat that has already been cooked in this recipe. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, crack all 18 eggs.
- Add the milk to the eggs and mix completely.
- Add your seasonings (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder or any other seasonings you prefer)
- Add the diced meat and veggies to your egg mixture. Set aside.
- Place a large layer of parchment paper to the crockpot. This needs to be enough to cover the bottom and sides. I cut it extra long because at the end you will use the sides to lift the bread out of the crockpot.
- Cut sliced of your garlic french bread and place them inside the crockpot (as seen in the photos).
- Layer it with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Add the egg mixture to the crockpot
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese
- Turn the crockpot on low and cook for about 4 to 5 hours (mine was ready at 4 but it will depend on your crockpot)
- Important: Place a dish towel under the lid of the crockpot before you close it. This will capture the moisture that builds up. Fold the overhanging towel over the top of the crockpot while it's cooking. (as seen in the photos)
- Serve warm! Enjoy
We were able to slice into it just like a pie! YUM!!!!!
Feel free to Pin this photo on Pinterest here: