Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Granola bars are something we go through a lot of in our household. I put them in the kids lunches, they take them for snack time, I even throw them in my purse or the kids baseball bags for a quick and easy snack at the field. If this sounds familiar to you then you’re going to love our Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars recipe! We used chocolate chips and peanuts in ours, but you can add pretty much anything you like and make this to your personal liking. Almonds and some dried cranberries would be great to try. Just follow the recipe below, and you’ll have your own granola bars in no time.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup Peanuts
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8x8" pan with parchment paper leaving excess on each side for lifting
- Combine the oats, peanuts and Rice Krispies in a large bowl and mix well. Then set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and salt.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, remove and stir.
- Microwave for another minute. Add in vanilla and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour the microwaved mixture over the dry mixture and incorporate evenly.
- Pour into prepared pan. Press down to form an even layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top and press down slightly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan using parchment paper and cut into squares.
The kids really liked making these Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars! This would also be a great dish to make for a party. You could cut it into smaller bite sized pieces and let guests help themselves. They go together really quickly and only have to sit in the fridge for 30 minutes. So all in all, it’s a pretty quick recipe. Be sure to browse through all of our yummy recipes HERE!
One thing that is a must have in my kitchen, is a great set of stainless steel mixing bowls. If you don’t have a set, check this one out! It’s a set of six that includes large and small bowls.