Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
Have you ever tried to make your own macaroni and cheese? I mean the kind that doesn’t come out of a box? I don’t know why I have never tried this before! Maybe just because of convenience, maybe I was just unsure how to go about it and what all to put it in. I’m not really sure. BUT….we recently tried this Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese recipe and it was delicious! For most people this would probably be a weekend dish because it only has to cook for three hours. So you can’t really make it in the morning and come home to it done…..unless you like your mac and cheese REALLY REALLY done. Do they make slow cookers with timers on them? I’ll look into it. In the meantime, check out our Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese recipe and see what you think!
- 8oz of macaroni cooked
- 8oz of sharp cheddar cheese
- 8oz of pepper jack cheese
- 8oz of Velvetta
- 1 cup of milk
- Cut all of the cheeses into small cubes.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Pour the macaroni into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spread the cheese cubes around on top of the macaroni.
- Pour milk over contents.
- Cook on low for about 3 hours (optionally stirring halfway through).
- Serve warm.
Can you believe how easy this Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is to make? It’s so creamy and cheesy, my whole family loved it! We have several slow cooker recipes you might like to try. How about our Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup or our Slow Cooker Carnitas!
Guess what?? They do make slow cookers with timers on them! How have I never known this? This one looks great! It also has a locking lid which I love!