Creamsicle Poke Cake
I think orange creamsicle is one of my favorite flavors, especially in the summer. I’ve had the popsicle, I’ve seen it in cupcakes, cookies and drinks. And now we have the Creamsicle Poke Cake! Oh yes! It is as good as it looks, maybe better! This cake is seriously easy to make. And with all of the orange and vanilla flavors all mixed in, IT IS DELICIOUS!
- 1 White Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Oil
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 package Orange Jell-O gelatin
- ½ cup boiling Water
- ½ cup cold Water
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 13x9 pan with non stick spray.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package, using the eggs and orange juice (instead of water and oil).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until the cake springs back when touched.
- Allow cake completely cool.
- Using a skewer, poke small holes all over the cake, piercing all the way to bottom.
- In a bowl, combine orange Jell-O gelatin and boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add the cold water, mix well and slowly pour this mixture over the entire cake.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Combine the pudding mix, milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Fold Cool Whip into the pudding mixture and use it to frost the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
DO NOT let the prep time on this Creamsicle Poke Cake recipe scare you away! Six hours of that is the time it’s just sitting in the fridge, also the hardest part of this recipe! Want more great poke cake ideas? Then check out this cookbook! How about Butterfinger, cookies and cream or maybe even french toast!! I want to try them all right now! We’re adding new recipes every day and you can browse through all of them HERE!