Pumpkin Cream Cheese Copycat Recipe
Well, I hope you all made it through Halloween and had some amazing treats along the way! I don’t know about you, but all of these things I’m seeing about Christmas is only this many Friday’s away is starting to make me panic. I’m trying to keep in mind that we still have Thanksgiving to celebrate….but I know it will be here before I know it. Like a lot of people, I love anything with cinnamon, pumpkin, nuts and spice this time of year. So I will be sharing a LOT of recipes like that all through the holidays. Let’s start off with this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin Copycat Recipe! These are absolutely AMAZING, so consider yourself warned!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin Copycat
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Candied Pumpkin Seeds:
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 cups of flour divided
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp of ground allspice
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Cover and chill until firm.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the pumpkin seeds, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan, over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar begins to caramelize.
- Spread seeds on prepared cookie sheet and allow to cool. Break apart the seeds that are stuck together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place paper liners in muffin tin(s).
- Stir pumpkin puree, oil, brown sugar and sugar together in a large bowl just until mixed.
- Add in eggs, spices, salt, baking soda and half of the flour, then mix until combined.
- Add milk and remaining flour and mix until well combined.
- Fill each liner with batter about 2/3 full.
- Spoon one tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into the middle of each muffin.
- Sprinkle with 4-5 pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin portion comes out mostly clean.
- Cool before serving.
Looking for more delicious pumpkin recipes?? Try this cookbook!