Homemade Cheeseburger Soup
I have had this fascination lately with foods that you would normally eat one way, but have found a completely different way to prepare it. My latest find is this Homemade Cheeseburger Soup! This is the exact kind of recipe that I’m talking about. When you usually think of a cheeseburger, it involves a bun and maybe the grill. This will give you close to that same taste but with a different take on it. This way you don’t have to even go near the grill and you can still have a warm hearty meal!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- ¾ cup of diced celery
- 4 cups of potatoes, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoon of butter
- 3 teaspoons of chicken base or 3 cups of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of flour
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Brown the ground beef on the stove, drain and set to the side.
- In a medium to large pan, melt one tablespoon of butter then saute onion, carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery until onion is transparent.
- Add the broth, potatoes and ground beef and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In another skillet melt remaining butter and add the flour. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until roux is bubbling.
- Add roux to soup and bring to a boil. Continue to stir for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for several minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve warm.
This Homemade Cheeseburger Soup was a hit with the whole family! It was so tasty and really wasn’t hard to make at all. Looking for more hearty and delicious soup recipes? Try the Taste of Home Soups Cookbook! It has 431 recipes and you can get the Kindle version for just $9.99!
Be sure to check out all of our amazing recipes HERE!