Rice Krispie Apple Treats
If you have been with us for a while, then you know how much I love to make different treats from Rice Krispies. Well, how about these cute Rice Krispie Apple Treats! Aren’t they just adorable?? If your children are still young enough or their school allows, these would be perfect for a school function or maybe teacher appreciation week. A lot of schools don’t allow food treats anymore, so in that case just keep them at home or make them for a party and enjoy! We’ve also done Santa Krispie Bars, Christmas Tree Rice Krispies and these super cute Rice Krispie Turkey Treats! Those are more for during the holidays, but check them out and pin it so you can have it for later!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring
- Green Food Coloring
- 3 Tootsie Roll Midgees
- Green Fruit Rollups
- Cut each Tootsie Roll in half. Then cut each of the haves into 4 quarters lengthwise (to make 8 stems).
- Cut fruit rollups to make small leaves to decorate the apples.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over low heat.
- Add half of the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add about 15 drops of red food coloring and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of the rice cereal and mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit about 3 minutes.
- Butter your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly into a 9 balls.
- Insert a stem at the top of each ball and shape like an apple.
- Place rollup leaves nest to stem if desired.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients, but use the green food coloring this time to make green apples.
Don’t you just love these Rice Krispie Apple Treats? I know the kids do, and they like to help make them too! For more delicious rice krispie treat ideas check out this cookbook! It has 40 fun and delicious recipes to try!