Make at Home Chips and Salsa
Making your own salsa is something people having been doing forever, but have you ever made your own chips? It’s not something I’ve ever really thought about doing because we always just pick up a bag. Plus, I wasn’t really even sure what all it took to make my own. Well, check out this Make at Home Chips and Salsa recipe! Who knew that making your own chips was this easy and only took three ingredients!! So for the recipe below, we’ll show you how to make your own chips and give you a really tasty recipe to make your own salsa as well.
- FOR SALSA:
- 1 can Whole Tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies (10 oz)
- ¼ cup Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ½ cup Cilantro
- juice of ½ Lime
- FOR CHIPS:
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- ¾ cup Corn oil
- Unless you have a really large food processor, you should prepare this in 2 smaller batches.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Run until you get the consistency of salsa you like.
- Refrigerate the salsa for at least 1 hour before using.
- To make the chips, cut each tortilla into 6 pieces.
- Put the oil in a heavy skillet about ¼" depth.
- Heat oil over medium high.
- In batches, cook the tortilla chips for about 2 minutes or until the start to turn brown.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel covered plate.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- If you want to reduce the oil, you can also bake chips on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes (turning halfway through).
For this Make at Home Chips and Salsa recipe we showed you how to fry or bake the chips. Both ways are equally great! Just remember to do the salsa in smaller batches if you don’t have a large food processor. I used my Ninja and was able to fit it into one batch. It blends this recipe in no time! We are adding new recipes every day so be sure to come back and visit us soon. You can always browse through all of our recipes HERE!