Homemade Strawberry Belgian Waffles
I don’t think I’ve done a really good breakfast recipe since last week, so I wanted to start the week off with one. Some recent breakfast ideas that we’ve shared are these Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins and our Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole! I would have to say breakfast is our favorite meal of the day. We have breakfast in the morning, but we also love to have it for dinner. Since today is a holiday, and some of us have a little more time at home, I thought this Homemade Strawberry Belgian Waffles recipe would be the perfect breakfast for today! Now these are from scratch, but go together pretty easily. Just follow the recipe below and you’ll be enjoying these before you know it.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Flour
- 1¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Vanilla
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- ½ lb Strawberries
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut up.
- Take ½ of the strawberries and puree in a food processor or blender.
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Separate the eggs into two separate bowls, putting the egg yolks into a large bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until they peak.
- Beat the egg yolks until smooth.
- Add the flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and vanilla to the egg yolks and beat just until smooth.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Spray the preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the mix onto hot waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown.
- To make the whipped cream, put the sugar into a cold mixing bowl and add the cold whipping cream.
- Whisk until the cream gets stiff peaks.
- Drizzle the waffles with the strawberry puree and top with fresh strawberries.
- Place whipped cream on top of waffles.
There you go! I hope you like these Homemade Strawberry Belgian Waffles, I know we did! Now if you don’t have a waffle iron, then take a look at this one! It’s inexpensive and is small and compact.