Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
We’ve shared several amazing cake recipes and some really great recipes with ice cream as well. Some of my absolute favorites are these Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes, this delicious Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake and these Summer Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes! Those are like little individual cakes, so they count! For today, we are going to combine the two tasty treats into one to make this Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwich Cake! So if you’re having a celebration today, tomorrow or on Monday, you can whip this up quickly and everyone will LOVE it! This cake is really easy to make and it only needs four ingredients to complete! See the full recipe below.
- 12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 16oz of Whipped Topping (like Cool Whip) - Two separate containers.
- ¼ cup of Vanilla Wafers, crushed
- 1 box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Mix the 8oz of whipped topping, pudding mix and crushed cookies until well mixed.
- Divide the mixture in half and add red food coloring to one and blue to the other half.
- On a tray small enough to fit in the freezer, lay out 4 ice cream sandwiches (side by side) to make a rectangle.
- Spread the blue topping on top, making sure not to go over outer edges.
- Top with 4 more sandwiches.
- Then spread the red topping on top of those, making sure not to go over outer edges.
- Then, top with 4 more sandwiches.
- Cover and ice with other container of whipped topping.
- Place the ice cream cake in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Just for a little added decoration, we sprinkled red, white and blue candies on top of our Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwich Cake. This cool dessert is sure to be a hit! Need a container to get your ice cream cake to a party safe? Here is the perfect solution!