Reese’s Pilgrim Hats
HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone! I hope you are all getting to spend today exactly how you want to. If you have a big family like we do, then you may have a few Thanksgiving celebrations to attend over the next few days. I have one last recipe to share that makes a cute little treat that you can take with you. These Reese’s Pilgrim Hats are pretty easy to put together so you can make several of them in no time.
- 12 Reese's Miniatures
- 12 Famous Chocolate Wafers
- ½ cup of yellow candy melting chips
- 1-3 yellow Laffy Taffy
- Place the Reese's Miniatures in the freezer for 10 minutes. This will make them easier to work with.
- Lay out a cookie sheet and cover with wax paper. Lay the chocolate cookies, in a single layer, on the wax paper.
- Heat the yellow candy melting chips on small plate by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Remove the wrapping from each of the Reese's Miniatures. Dip Reese's (larger side down) into the melted candy about ⅛" and place onto the center of the cookie.
- Roll out the piece of Laffy Taffy until it is fairly flat and cut it into ¼" squares to use as buckles for pilgrim hat.
- Use a toothpick to place a little melted chocolate onto back of buckle and place on hatband.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to firm.
These Reese’s Pilgrim Hats are super cute, don’t you think? We will be starting Christmas recipes and ideas very soon, so be sure to check back with us often and browse through our growing list of recipes HERE!
Looking for more adorable holiday treat ideas? Check out this cookbook! It covers several holidays and has some really cute ideas!