Pumpkin and Nut Granola
Have you started all of your preparations for tomorrow’s big feast yet? I am so far behind and starting to get a little frantic. Besides all of the regular dishes we normally have…turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing…and all that good stuff, I also like to have a few snacks available and ready to go. That is where this yummy Pumpkin and Nut Granola comes in! It’s a great little snack all on it’s own, or you can add it to oatmeal or yogurt which is really good too. You can put this recipe together pretty quickly, so I like to keep some on hand all through the winter.
- 2½ cups of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of raisins
- ⅓ cup of pecans
- ¼ cup of almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set out a non-stick baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, oil, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Spread mixture out on the baking sheet in a thin even layer. Then bake for 15 minutes.
- Break up the oats and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Add the raisins and nuts and store in an air tight container.
Can you believe how easy this Pumpkin and Nut Granola is to make? I find that if I have a little assortment of snacks set out (not in the kitchen) then it keeps hungry little hands out of my way while I finish up our Thanksgiving meal. Have you looked through our recipes lately? We have added a lot of new ones, and you can see all of them HERE!
Want more recipes like this? Check out this cookbook! It has lots of easy, delicious AND healthy snacks that are also kid friendly!