Spooky Jell-O Witch’s Cauldron
Can you tell that we’re a little bit excited about Halloween coming up? I LOVE this time of year. Now, I’ll probably over load on all the crafts and recipes that I want to try and get done. But I want to share as many as I can with you. I’ve been on the hunt for some different ideas this year, and so far I have found some great ones. This recipe for a Spooky Jell-O Witch’s Cauldron is definitely getting added to my list. These are absolutely adorable and my kids love Jell-O so this was the perfect treat!
- 2 boxes lime gelatin
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 cup of cold water
- 8 oz of non-dairy whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Halloween candy decorations
- In a large sauce pan combine the gelatin and boiling water, per the instructions on the package.
- Stir until dissolved and then add the cold water. We did the "quick set" directions where you add in ice, just to move the process along. Make sure all of the ice is dissolved, or pick out any remaining ice cubes.
- Stir in half of whipped topping and allow mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining whipped topping and gently stir. You want the mixture to look foamy and bubbly.
- Pour the mixture into the cauldrons.
- Decorate with candy Halloween decorations and refrigerate until ready to serve.
There really is no prep time for the Spooky Jell-O Witch’s Cauldron recipe. It’s basically just boiling and stirring. But you will have to factor in the time to allow the Jell-O to set and that will depend on how you prepare the Jell-O. You should be able to find the little cauldron’s with the other Halloween decorations, but if not you can order them HERE!