Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
I’m going to be totally honest and say that I am not a huge fan of bell peppers, or the red or the orange…..whatever their proper name is. But my husband has been wanting stuffed peppers for ages, so this recipe is for him. You know how much I love to cook in my slow cooker, or crock pot, so this was our compromise….Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers.
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1½ lb lean Ground Beef
- ½ cup uncooked White Rice
- 1 diced Onion
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 cans (10 oz) Rotel Tomatoes & Chilies
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Drain the liquid from 1 can of the Rotel into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, onion, minced garlic, drained can of tomatoes, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Use the meat mixture to stuff the peppers and place in the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining can of Rotel to the bowl containing liquid from the first can.
- Add in the tomato paste and brown sugar and stir to mix well. Pour over the peppers.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I do really like the filling on these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers, and the pepper gives it amazing flavor. I just can’t eat the pepper with it. My husband LOVED this dish, and that was the whole purpose of making these. We are adding new recipes every day so be sure to check back with us often! You can browse through all of our recipes HERE!
I know I already mentioned this slow cooker cookbook recently, but it has 1400 recipes in it! HELLO…..1400! I cook in my slow cooker all of the time, so I’ll be adding more great recipes here soon!