Super Simple Egg Muffins
I have a really easy and amazing recipe to share with you today. Check out our Super Simple Egg Muffins! A friend of mine shared this recipe with me a while back and I could not believe how quick, easy and delicious they were! The best part about these muffins is that you can add any kind of topping you like and totally make it the way you want it. I like to keep it pretty simple with ingredients so we just did bacon, egg and cheese muffins. But you could add things like peppers, mushrooms and breakfast sausage.
- 4 Eggs (4 eggs will make about 6 muffins)
- a splash of Milk
- Shredded Cheese
- Fillings of your choice (bacon, ham, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, chicken)
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Decide how many muffins you want to make and spray only those areas.
- Place your "filling" in the bottom of the muffin cup. Remember, you can keep your veggies raw.
- In a blender, mix about 1 egg per muffin that you want to make with a splash of milk. I wanted to make 4 muffins, so I used 4 eggs. BUT.....it ended up being enough to make 6. So 4 eggs will give you 6 muffins.
- Pour the egg mixture almost to the top of each muffin cup and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and cool slightly before serving.
I have to tell you what I found so interesting about this Super Simple Egg Muffins recipe. The recipe never said to put liners in the muffin tin. I thought this was strange and had never not used liners. So you can see in the pictures above, that I did put liners in two of the muffin holes. To my surprise, the muffins with NO LINERS are the ones that turned out perfect! Who knew?? I like to make a batch of these at the beginning of the week and then we can quickly re-heat them in the microwave for a quick breakfast.