Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes
I hope you all had a fun and Happy Easter! We definitely did, but now we are back to the grind. Although we just had a lot of sweet treats over the weekend, I wanted to kick off this week with these Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes! I LOVE carrot cake and to be honest, I don’t make it as often as I would like. But, I also love my cupcakes, so this is a happy medium for me. We’ve done lots of fun cupcakes lately like our Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes and our Easy Lucky Charms Cupcakes so be sure to check those out too! Now, lets get to this yummy recipe.
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups shredded Carrots
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 16oz softened Cream Cheese
- 8 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and put cupcake liners in muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- In separate, large bowl, beat the eggs and slowly add the vegetable oil while continuing to beat.
- Slowly, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Then fold in the shredded carrots.
- Fill the cupcake liners about ⅔ full and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make the icing, beat the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Slowly, add in the powdered sugar and milk and beat on high until smooth.
- Ice the cupcakes with the icing.
What do you think about our Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes?? Of course, we went one extra step and made a carrot shape out of green and orange M&Ms. You could also use those candy decorations found in the baking section or just leave them the way they are. However you do them, they are delicious! Shredding the carrots is probably the most difficult part of this recipe, but I used my Ninja with the shredding attachment and was done in no time!