Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Markerly but all opinions are 100% my own.
Vegetarian Chicken Alfredo Recipe with BeyondMeat
I’m not a vegetarian per se but I really don’t eat a ton of meat either. I find meat products hard to digest and tend to stay away from them. I’m constantly making all kinds of pasta and I find the alternative meat products to be surprisingly good! So this would be a “must try” product for vegetarians too! BeyondMeat is loaded with flavor and easy enough for me to digest, but best of all, it’s packed with protein! Protein is something I lack in because I don’t eat a lot of meat.
What is Meat?
MEAT IS NO MYSTERY.
It’s actually pretty simple: amino acids, fats, trace carbohydrates and minerals, and a lot of water combined to give us that familiar chew, resistance, and variation.
Beyond Meats has taken these inputs from plants and apply heating, cooling, and pressure so they combine just like animal meat!
What you’d have is meat for the future. Meat from plants. Pretty Cool, right?!
BeyondMeat Chicken Strips are grilled over a mesquite fire with a sweet hint of molasses.
Ingredients: Water, non-GMO soy protein isolate, pea protein isolate, amaranth, vegan chicken flavor (maltodextrin, yeast extract, salt, natural flavoring, sunflower oil), non-GMO expeller-pressed canola oil, non-GMO soy fiber, carrot fiber, contains 0.5% or less of: white vinegar, spices, salt, molasses powder, garlic extract, hickory smoke powder, onion extract, lemon juice concentrate, evaporated cane juice, dipotassium phosphate, titanium dioxide (for color), potassium chloride, paprika extract. Ingredient FAQ
*Protein comparison based on 19g of protein in 85g of raw chicken breast.
Complete protein — 20g per 3-oz serving
120 calories per 3-oz serving
350 mg sodium per 3-oz serving
Check out the latest YouTube video from The Today Show about Beyond Meat here.
Be sure to check out BeyondMeat’s website for some awesome information and even more products too!
If you want to find a retailer near you who carries BeyondMeat, check out the BeyondMeat store locator here.
Check out this Vegetarian Chicken Alfredo Recipe I made with my BeyondMeat Chicken Strips:
Vegetarian Chicken Alfredo Recipe #BeyondMeat
- 1 pkg of BeyondMeat Chicken Strips
- 1 can any brand Alfredo sauce
- 1 pkg of shell noodles Fettuccine, Bowtie, Spaghetti, or any other type of noodle you like.
- Optional: 1 cup Broccoli
- Boil enough water to cook a small package of shell noodles.
- Cook the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, you can either microwave or heat the BeyondMeat grilled chicken on the stove to warm it up. It only takes about 5 minutes or so.
- Once the noodles are done, drain the water from the noodles and add the can of Alfredo sauce.
- I cut the BeyondMeat Grilled Chicken strips into small cubes and added them to my noodles mixture.
- Optional: I try to sneak in as much veggies as I can so sometimes I add fresh steamed broccoli to this mix too but I wait until I'm just about to serve it to add it in.
- Serve immediately.
Here are a few other dishes made with the BeyondMeat meat crumbles too! Don’t they look scrumptious!
Here’s what the beef crumbles look like!