Bacon and Cheese Garlic Bread
This Bacon and Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe puts a whole new twist on something I have made forever! I love how it’s always the most simple ideas that make the most delicious food. After I make something like this, I always think…why didn’t I think of that! Since this isn’t your regular old garlic bread, it can easily be served by itself as an appetizer or make a big tray and take it to a party. Everyone will enjoy this Bacon and Cheese Garlic Bread to snack on.
- 1 loaf, French Baguette
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of softened butter
- ½ cup of cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a bread knife, cut bread into 1" slices, but DO NOT cut all the way through the bottom.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Spread this mixture in-between the partially cut slices of bread.
- Wrap loaf of garlic bread in foil and bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly, then cut slices all the way through to serve.
I’m telling you, this Bacon and Cheese Garlic Bread is so yummy! I like to place the loaf on a baking sheet before I put it in the oven, just in case there is any spill out. Also, because I am all about cutting my prep time as much as I can, I like to use the Hormel Real Bacon bits. I get the ones that come in a bag. They’re bigger pieces and I use them in all kinds of things. If bread is something you serve a lot of in your home, I really suggest having a good bread knife. The one I have is THIS ONE. It never crushes my bread and you can get it for a great price.
Be sure to check out all of our amazing recipes HERE!