Ham and Cheese Pinwheels Recipe
Who’s ready for a super easy Ham and Cheese Pinwheels recipe?! This is one of those recipes you can whip up in about 10 minutes and through it in the oven. You know the days when you get home from work and don’t feel like making anything. This recipe can also be customized to your own tastes too because it’s so versatile! This one is right up there with our popular Easy Pull Apart Pizza Bread Recipe! And you know how good that recipe is!!!
So far I’ve tried a few different ways to make it that I will share with you. My family is a big fan of ranch dressing so we used that in one of the recipes. I’m a big fan of basil pesto so I put that in the other. I encourage you to get a little bit creative with this recipe too though. For example, we may even add bacon bits to them too! Oh, don’t forget about the different cheeses you can add too. If you like it a bit spicy then try this with Pepper Jack cheese! Or maybe you want it like a pizza, then add mozzarella cheese.
- ¼ lb ham slices
- 1 can Crescent Rolls or Pizza Dough
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any flavor you choose)
- Sauce Options: You can use Cream Cheese, Ranch Dressing, Pesto or any other sauce you like.
- Spray your cookie sheet with cooking spray (or see my useful tip for silicone mats which I always use)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Unroll the dough from the can. Make it into a large rectangle shape (as seen in my photos) If you are using the Crescent rolls that are precut be sure to pinch the precut slices back together again.
- Spread your choice of sauce. If you use the cream cheese make sure it's softened before you try and spread it.
- Top with ham slices.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Roll up and pinch the ends to the roll so they stick.
- See my video for an easy cutting technique so the pinwheels cut perfectly.
- Bake for about 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve Warm
I was able to snap a few photos of the process to give you an visual idea of how to make them. They are not hard at all. Scroll down all the way to see the quick video on my amazing cutting technique! I use a piece of string! Dental floss works amazing and cuts it perfectly ever single time. I always use this technique when I want to cut something perfectly!
Cutting Technique for Ham and Cheese Pinwheels:
Grab a long piece of string or better yet, dental floss. Place the sting centered under the roll and criss cross the string on top. Now pull both ends of the string at the same time and it will cut the pinwheels perfectly ever time!
Here’s a quick 15 second YouTube Video (no sound) to show you exactly what I mean:
Click +1 Below: