Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
I have been trying really hard to make better food choices in the new year. I wear my fitness band all of the time, I try to get exercise in when I can and I’m watching what I eat. I actually started this before the new year, so that I would kind of be ahead of the game on my resolution. BUT…..my sweet tooth gets in the way and I can’t help myself! I just have to have a sweet treat every once in a while and this week it’s this Creamy Peanut Butter Pie! If I do what I’m supposed to do all week long then I get to have one, yummy piece of this. By the time everyone else has some, the pie is pretty much gone so I don’t have to worry about over doing it.
- 24-28 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter - you could also use crunchy if you like
- 8oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 (8oz) package of Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set a pie plate to the side.
- Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse until they're small crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the crumbs and stir with a fork to combine.
- Press mixture into a pie plate and bake for 7 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine the peanut butter and cream cheese and beat until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add in the whipped topping and blend until completely incorporated.
- Pour into the crust and smooth the top.
- Chill before serving.
Seriously….the hardest part of this Creamy Peanut Butter Pie is letting it sit in the fridge and chill before you eat it! It is one of my family’s favorite desserts and so easy to make. We are adding new recipes all of the time and you can browse through all of them HERE!
If you’re looking for a great little food processor, that is perfect for jobs like this, try this one! It actually comes in several different colors so be sure and pick one you like!