Bite Size Cranberry Cheesecakes
Can someone help me out with this? Is cheesecake a cake or pie? It’s really a pie, I think, but it has cake in the name… I just had to put that out there because I have always wondered why it was like that. Anyway…cheesecake is one of my absolute FAVORITE desserts! My aunt is in charge of making those during the holidays, and we all look forward to it. In fact, she makes them for pretty much any occasion now, and even makes a few extra so a few lucky people get to take one home! BUT….I think these Bite Size Cranberry Cheesecakes are just the perfect little size and are much easier to serve at a gathering. (Please don’t tell her I said that)
- 2 tsp of cornstarch
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 16 oz of whole berry cranberry sauce
- ½ cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together the cornstarch and orange juice.
- Add in the cranberry sauce, stir, and bring mixture to a boil for one minute. Then allow mixture to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place paper liners in 9 cups of a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well combined. Then divide mixture between the lined cups, pressing down gently to flatten.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Divide cream cheese mixture and spoon into the lined cups to about ⅔ full.
- Put a tablespoon of cranberry mixture into each and gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes. And allow to cool completely in pan. Then remove from pan.
- Top with additional cranberry sauce and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
These Bite Size Cranberry Cheesecakes will actually go together pretty quickly, but you will have to allow for the time for them to chill in the refrigerator. And it will look like you have been in the kitchen all day! Be sure to check out all of our yummy recipes HERE!
Since we are full force into the baking season, you may need to see how your supplies are holding up. If you need some new pans, this set is great!